Tuesday, August 29, 2017

ICp CLI Access

I was fortunate to have some time off and be able to spend it with my family last week.  As a result, I needed to turn off my ICp instance for that time, to then resume my investigation and learning this week.  I decided to pick it back up by configuring the kubectl CLI to work against my instance.

Immediately upon starting, two issues were encountered:
  1. My Certificates Expired
    Apparently this was an issue which was the result of installing before last week.  There is an easy script which updates your certs for you:
    https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/fe25b4ef-ea6a-4d86-a629-6f87ccf4649e/entry/Certificate_update?lang=en
  2. Unable to Log Into CLI on Day 2
    This second issue is due to the way security is implemented, and requires one to setup a service account to avoid this being a task every 12 hours.  Instructions can be found here:
    https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/fe25b4ef-ea6a-4d86-a629-6f87ccf4649e/entry/Configuring_the_Kubernetes_CLI_by_using_service_account_tokens1?lang=en
Hopefully these tips will help more than just future-me, and will get others back up and running quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nginx Ingress Controller on Bare Metal

After many hours of reading, trial-&-error, and general frustration… I have collected a few helpful bits WRT configuring the nginx ingr...